INTRODUCING A GAME-CHANGING LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
I’m Elise Mitchell, CEO, Mitchell Communications Group and CEO, Dentsu Aegis PR Network and I understand these struggles at a very real and personal level. I’ve reaped great rewards from my career and spent a lot of time learning the ‘hard-won’ lessons of leading in overdrive. My greatest achievement professionally was spending the last 20 years building a company, Mitchell Communications Group, from scratch and selling it to a global organization.
I’m honored to have been asked by Syracuse University to create and launch a leadership course specifically designed for high-performing professionals like you who are looking to go to the next level.
This new course will help as you strive to become all the leader you can be. “Leading at the Next Level” kicks off in January and space is limited, so it’s important for you to have the details now as you begin thinking about your 2018 professional goals.
What is 'Leading at the Next Level?'
Most leadership courses tell you how to set goals and hope for the best. ‘Leading at the Next Level’ is different.
The course gives you proven tools, techniques and step-by-step processes for improving your daily leadership effectiveness. Current leadership development research and neuroscience principles will be used to enhance your learning and provide practical application to your work.
You will also learn the importance of effectively integrating work and personal interests for a more balanced leadership experience.
A core component of the course is the peer-to-peer learning, diverse leadership perspectives and camaraderie that occurs between students, who come from a variety of industries, geographies and backgrounds. The course will provide ongoing opportunities for group discussion, partner exercises, individual sharing, and robust debate on contemporary leadership challenges.
In this course you will...
- Explore a practical framework for addressing the three most critical responsibilities of leaders
- Learn about the “Big Seven” competencies of high-performing leaders and assess your current mastery of each
- Identify ways to overcome gaps holding you back
- Improve your ability to deal with conflict and have difficult conversations
- Understand how to enhance your executive presence
- Learn how to regulate your emotions and think more clearly under pressure
- Discover greater work-life balance and steps you can take to live a richer, fuller life.
- Apply critical thinking and strategic thinking principles in order to improve their and their team’s work outcomes
- Learn to use a step-by-step decision-making process to improve your and your team’s effectiveness in making complex decisions
- Know how to set inspiring vision and enhance your inspirational leadership qualities
- Leverage principles of change management to lead teams through change effectively and create action plans for moving forward
THIS COURSE IS DESIGNED FOR REAL LEADERS WITH REAL LIVES
The course kicks off at the Syracuse University Lubin House (East 61st in Manhattan’s Upper East Side, New York City) in January with an in-person residency, which we have scheduled as a three-day long weekend. This allows you to interact with your fellow classmates and for me to get to know you and spend one-on-one time with you.
The rest of the course is taught online. I will look forward to working with you each week through video and/or phone calls after work hours, enabling you to participate in the course throughout the semester without interrupting your work and personal responsibilities.
Weekend residency — January 6-8, 2018 Online sessions — January through April, 2018
$4,500 tuition. See Syracuse website for payment details.
NOTE: Syracuse is providing a one-time-only 25% scholarship to registrants of this first class, bringing your cost down to $3,375.
Receive graduate credit and executive education credentials:
You will receive 3 graduate credits. You can also list this as an executive education credential. If you have ever considered pursuing an advanced degree for yourself, this course would be a great jump-start for you and a way to get a taste of a master’s level program. The course is offered through the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University as part of its executive master’s degree. This course might also be eligible for continuing education credit – check with your professional accrediting body.
For more information and to apply contact:
Anthony D’Angelo, APR, Fellow PRSA Professor of Practice, Director, Executive Master’s Program, Communications Management
S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
T (315) 443-3858 M (315) 209-7533
We have chosen to limit the number of seats available to give you the best leadership experience possible.
YOUR NEW JOURNEY CAN START TODAY. THE ROAD IS READY. WILL YOU JOIN ME?